Wednesday, October 01, 2008

50 Reasons I love being Catholic

So in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep (I need to stop waking up at 10am so I can go to bed at a decent hour) I starting thinking about how much I love being Catholic the more I learn about the Church. I decided that from today until Thanksgiving I am going to do 50 reasons I love being Catholic. So without further delay:

Reason #1 Today's reason has to do with the fact that it is St. Therese's Feast day. She is that holy looking woman on the right. I love belonging to a church that honors women who have guts and femininity beautifully balanced in one person. She was obedient to those she needed to be obedient to, but when push came to shove and she felt God calling her and had locals think she was too young, she took it to the pope and won!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Feast Day! I thought of you today and wished I could have brought you a rose today! :)

Miss you!