Monday, December 01, 2008

Advent 2008

I am so excited for advent this year. I really want to use this as the purple season that it was meant to be. I have all of the Christmas presents wrapped and distributed so except for writing Christmas cards, we have nothing to do but prepare our hearts for the coming of our Lord as an infant. We are still trying to figure out our whirlwind tour for Christmas when really I just want to spend the time at home with my beautiful family. I did decide that after this year we only do Christmas visiting after Christmas so that Advent can remain the time of preparation that it is supposed to be.

My prayer for this advent is that every day my soul can truly "Proclaim the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in God my Savior for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant."

May every day we look at the blessings that God has given us as "favor on his lowly servant." May our culture someday view the conception of a baby as a reason to proclaim the Lord's greatness and blessing rather then a punishment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After last year's fiasco, I have decided the same, but I get to start this year. We will enjoy a small Christmas morning at home, and then head out to Kansas on the 26th. I'm so tired of our entire Christmas week being filled with worrying about pleasing everyone with the properly distributed visits. Now, we still have to do all of that, but only AFTER we have celebrated the coming of Jesus.